Reviews :  Harptabs.com The fastest message board... ever.
In here you will find reviews of harmonicas and harmonica related products done by our members. 
Bushman Souls Voice
Posted by: pharpy (---.sip.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 13, 2005 03:38PM

This is probably the Ferrari of plastic comb harmonicas. It's got a sound reminiscent of the Hohner Marine Band, and is as responsive (if not moreso) as any Lee Oskar or Hohner Special 20. The glossy black finish and recessed plates make for a liquid smooth feel not found on any other harmonica. (No mustache pulling or lip irritation here.)

The only real drawback is that the oversized holes, which allow for the improved responsiveness to bends and overblows, make the harp require more air to play. It also takes some getting used to just for playing. It takes a little adjusting to play it fluidly and not hit any wrong notes (once again, because of the oversized holes).

On the one hand, this harmonica is not for beginners. It's designed with the professional player in mind. Then again, its reasonable price, comfortable feel, and responsive nature make it perfect for someone who is serious about playing and just starting out.

The replacable reed plates are a nice cost-saving feature. A new set of reeds plates is prices low enough to make it a considerable option instead of buying a whole new harp, especially if you go through harmonicas quickly.

The only downside to the reedplates is that you have to have a special tool to take the harmonica apart. Most other harmonicas with replacable plates only require a set of mini screwdrivers that you can get at almost any hardware store or Wal-Mart.

Overall Rating 4/5

Post Edited (05-17-05 17:46)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bushman Souls Voice
Posted by: sully (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 04:27AM

These are made by Seydel, Bushamn has them made with there covers. They are also sold as Weltmiester BlackBird. I can not remember the name Seydel sells them as.

They were made by Seydel to compete with the Hohner sp20

I

Posted by: pleuksar (---.nas4.gainesville1.fl.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 04:48AM

Sully,

The Soul's Voice doesn't even LOOK like a Special 20. It looks more like a Pro Harp.

Posted by: sully (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 05:26PM

The Pro harp is a MS series and the SP20 handmade. The product is a plastic comb harp. Seydel/bushman/weltmiester are competeing models for
SP20/PROHARP even Big river. They are trying to take market share from Hohner. Much like Suzuki or Hering plastic comb harp.

Posted by: pharpy (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 06:52PM

I don't remember what Seydel called them either, and I'm not 100% sure if they are still selling them under their own brand any more. They also made the short-lived Bushman Bushmaster, if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.